CVIIC Participates in Equity on the Mall Event in Sacramento
CVIIC Participates in Equity on the Mall Event in Sacramento February 9, 2017: We Believe in a Golden State for All!
CVIIC Participates in Equity on the Mall Event in Sacramento: The Central Valley Immigrant Integration Collaborative (CVIIC) will join over 50 other organizations from throughout the San Joaquin Valley to participate in the Equity on the Mall event in Sacramento on February 9, 2017. The event is sponsored by the San Joaquin Valley Health Fund. It is designed to bring together over community organizations and residents from throughout the Central Valley to address issues that are of importance to our local communities.
The issues to be addressed by the participating organizations include: health coverage, access to safe drinking water, affordable housing, early childhood education, immigration and other relevant topics.
What are our major concerns?
- California is known as a land of opportunity, but for children in the San Joaquin Valley, the odds are stacked against them.
- We represent organizations that fundamentally believe that all Californians should be able to prosper and have equal opportunities to succeed.
- For far too long, communities across the San Joaquin Valley haven’t had the same opportunities that make California golden for other regions. Our children and families are in poorer health than anywhere in the state.
- The Valley is the largest producer of fruits and vegetables in the nation. Yet, our families cannot afford enough food, and are going hungry. California is the wealthiest state in the United States, and the Valley produces $8.1 billion in crops, yet nearly 40% of our children live in poverty. Our neighbors in Silicon Valley are considered the technology and innovation capital of the world, yet thousands of people in the San Joaquin Valley cannot get clean drinking water.
- As residents, leaders, and organizations, we are coming to Sacramento – we are demanding change. At Equity on the Mall, we will share our vision for a healthier Valley, and more equitable California.
- There is a deep disconnect between what Valley residents and communities want and what decision-makers do. We’re taking Valley voices to Sacramento, because we need our state leaders to step up and be as bold in supporting our region as they do the rest of California.
- We are committed to creating a San Joaquin Valley that is a healthier place to live, work, and play. The future success of California depends on a healthier and more vibrant San Joaquin Valley.
- We want our federal and state legislative leaders to make California a golden state for all.
As part of this effort, CVIIC will be leading a bus of local residents, which will be departing from Fresno Adult School at 6:30 AM. It is one of approximately 20 buses that will be traveling from Fresno and other cities in the region. Interested participants may register by using the link below and selecting a bus to take: http://www.shfcenter.org/sjvhf/eom/registration
Thank you for sharing with your social media contacts the information about this event: CVIIC Participates in Equity on the Mall Event in Sacramento